The latest release of the Guide to PHARMACOLOGY database, version 2020.4, has now been made.
The Guide to Pharmacology coronavirus information page continues to be updated on a regular basis to capture the latest pharmacological strategies under investigation to mitigate against COVID-19.
GtoPdb curates Coronavirus (CoV) proteins under viral protein targets in our hierarchy. This family contains 15 CoV proteins. Updates in this release to the CoV 3C-like (main) protease include outlinks to CHEMBL (CHEMBL3927) and UniProt (P0C6U8); the addition of 4 further 3D structures (3VB3, 2GX4, 6LZE and 6XHL) and and additional 19 curated ligand interactions.
We’ve added some new targets proteins along with associated pharmacological ligands. These include the following five, that are all oncology targets:
- MDM2 proto-oncogene
- Ser/Thr protein phosphatase PPM1D
- cytidine deaminase/CDA
- porcupine O-acyltransferase
- HIF-2α (EPAS1)
Also added is C-type lectin receptor CLEC4C, an anti-inflammatory target, and N-acetyltransferase 8 like (ANAT), a target for the treatment of Canavan disease which is a rare aspartoacylase deficiency-mediated neurodegenerative condition.
The list of WHO essential medicines has been expanded with the inclusion of many antibiotics and antivirals.
Overall this release sees updates made to targets across 35 targets families. These are listed below with links to family page in the database:
Complement peptide receptors
Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone receptors
Hydroxycarboxylic acid receptors
Neuropeptide S receptor
Prolactin-releasing peptide receptor
Neutral amino acid transporter subfamily
SLC14 family of facilitative urea transporters
SLC51 family of steroid-derived molecule transporters
SLC8 family of sodium/calcium exchangers
R7 family of RGS proteins
- We updated our website tutorial, which now includes details on the advanced search and ligand activity graphs
- New download files are available from the immunological process and cell type target associations pages
- A new GPCR targets download files is available on each of the GPCR list page (example here for Class A)
- Bug fixes for web services
- Links to AntibioticDB now cover over 230 ligands.
Guide to Malaria Pharmacology (GtoMPdb)
These are the recent advancements made in the GtoMPdb for this database release:
- The Antimalarial targets family and the Antimalarial ligands family have been updated, giving a total of 33 P. falciparum (3D7) targets and 90 ligands tagged as antimalarial in the database.
- We have added a new species page for P. knowlesi.